Friday, January 23, 2009

Blowing Rock....

This past weekend we went to what has become one of my favorite places. We went up to our mountain house in Blowing Rock, NC. It was SO nice to get up there for the long weekend. I got up there at about 1030pm Friday night (I have class until 530 on Fridays, so I was delayed getting up there) to near-zero temperatures. Saturday morning after sleeping a bit late and relaxing around the house, we went over to Boone to run some errands. After that, We came back to the house and relaxed. My roommate joined us up there Saturday evening and we went to one of our favorite restaurants up there called Bistro Roca. We had a lovely meal and then went home and played a little Wii. Sunday we slept in and relaxed around the house. Lindsay and I went up to the parkway in attempt to show Lindsay what it looks like up there and the 100 mile views.... we had no luck. Because of the ice and snow that I had begun to fall over night, the parkway heading from Blowing Rock towards the Linn Cove Viaduct was closed. Instead we went over to the Moses Cone Manner, which is beautiful and has a nice view, but it is just not as long. Sunday evening we went over to the Lehman's house for dinner. It was great to see their new home which is absolutely beautiful! It was also fun to see Anna who is about 3 or 4 weeks from delivering their new baby!!! While we were at Jonathan and Anna's, the snow started falling. It snowed all day Sunday and Monday. We had to have someone come de-ice our driveway before we left. It was the most snow I had seen up there. It was LOTS of fun! Before we left, Lindsay and I went sledding in the front yard, which was also so much fun!!! Then, it was time to head back to Clemson.... school work was calling my name! It was a great weekend and so much fun to get out of Clemson and just relax for a few days!!! Enjoy the pictures from the weekend!


1. View from Moses Cone Manner towards downtown Blowing Rock.... it really is out there...

2. Another view towards Blowing Rock with the pond at Chetola out there.


3. Julian Price Pond from the Blue Ridge Parkway

4. The view out to Yonalossee from our porch... this is out from just under

the covered dining porch....

No comments: