So this new year started out with less than a bang.... I mean I was the only one still awake in our household. But since then, things have been pretty busy. I am excited about all this semester seems to be offering education wise as well as the growth that I am expecting personally. This semester I am taking a health care studio. We are working on specific aspects of the patient room which I find very interesting. Plus we are working with the industrial designs students at Carleton University in Ottawa Canada, which means we will do some traveling this semester- they come here, we go there... etc etc. Should be a wonderful learning experience in product design. So far studio has been busy but manageable. I think it will get kind of more crazy in the next few weeks, but for now, it has been good.
Outside of school, I am just enjoying life. I made several new years resolutions that I am working hard to keep and hold to. One of them, is getting back on track with the diet I started last year. So far, since school started that is, I have lost about 4 pounds. So I am happy with that in 2 weeks!! I hope that I can keep that up! I also made a resolution to get more exercise. So far I have done fairly good at that. I have gone to the gym several times with my roommate as well as taken Riggs for long walks, which is good for both of us! I am also working at being more social. It seems to be a resolution I always have a hard time with. I always fall into the trap that I let school get in the way of life. I am trying really hard to not have that be that way this semester. I know that there are times when I will have to let school take over, but for the moment, I am trying hard to not be that way. Finally, I really want to get back on track with my daily quiet time.
On that note, I am going to go and do some reading and then head to bed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment