Monday, September 21, 2009

Music to my ears...

As one of my friends had on their facebook status... "Im over September.... This has been a really rough month.." Ditto. Yes. But in these times of trouble, turmoil, suffering, etc I have always found that God uses the stormy seasons of life to pull me closer to Him. I always find comfort reading different passages in scripture about suffering, rejoicing in our suffering, and perseverance.... God's perfect will and plan. They all bring comfort.
For me though, since I listen to music all the time, I also find that certain song lyrics get stuck in my head and help remind me of my focus... especially since I tend to listen to more Christian/praise music when I am faced with adversity. So. Here are a few songs that have hit home with me in the past few weeks, and especially in the last few days. (If these are duplicates of previous music to my ears posts... sorry.) (oh and this time I decided to put links you tube so you can listen if you have never heard them before....I could not find all of them, but I found some)

Stand Amazed (by 33 Miles)
You will be my strength when I am weak
When I wanna give in and not turn the other cheek
Let this be the prayer that I speak...That I speak...
When all the lights go down and the world is quiet
No one is aroundI wanna be the same man that'll serve you then
Like I serve you now
That my convictions never change
O let my need for you remain
As real as the moment I was saved
So I will always stand amazed

From the Inside Out (Hillsong United)
A thousand times I've failed
Still your mercy remains
And should I stumble again
Still I'm caught in your grace

Everlasting, Your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending, Your glory goes beyond all fame my heart and my soul,
Lord I give you control
Consume me from the inside out
Lord, Let justice and praise become my embrace
To love You from the inside out


Shine (Salvador)
As simple as a passing smile
Or listening a little while
To someone that's convinced that they are in this all alone
Here's my chance to share the news
To introduce the good that's You
Here You go again, You never cease to blow my mind

Lord let me shine, shine like the moon
A reflection of You in all that I do
Lord let me be a light for Your truth
Light of the world, I wanna be used to shine for You

You're the love that we all need
You lift us up to our feet
You hold the key to eternity
The King of Kings alive in me.

You Rescue Me (Salvador)
Aching in a place that only I can see
Tears have a way of catching up to me
All it ever takes is a glimpse of something free
Like birds in flight
So I'm giving up on clarity
Cause I want to trust where I cannot see and

You rescue me, You hear my cry
You shelter me through the night
And You are my strength when I am in need
You are my God, You rescue me

Caught between the ocean and eternity
Broken by the weight of my attempts to be
Everything that everyone expects of me
This time, and every time

So I'm giving up on my righteousness
Cause grace, alone, will give me rest cause

You rescue me, You hear my cry
You shelter me through the night
And You are my strength when I am in need
You are my God, You rescue me

Amazing Grace (Newton)
Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost but now am found,Was blind, but now I see.

T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.

Through many dangers, toils and snaresI have already come;
'Tis Grace that brought me safe thus far
and Grace will lead me home.

The Lord has promised good to me.
His word my hope secures.
He will my shield and portion be,
As long as life endures.

No comments: