I will write more about this in another post at some point this week. But for now, I wanted to share a little passage from the new book I am reading. It sums up pretty well what true beauty is. In the longer post, I will dive in and give more detail including biblical references and such, but for now, just think on this for a little while.
"There is no beauty in makeup. Expensive clothes will not make you beautiful. The secret lies in being an alive, awake woman with something to offer the world. Namely, yourself. Beauty is less about your face and more about your smile. Less about the shape of your eyebrows, more about the light in your eyes. Less about the length of your legs, more about the bounce in your step. Real beauty is being a viable, vital human being. As you participate in your life with a warm smile and a generous spirit, you are beautiful." (Fresh Brewed Life, N. Johnson, 86)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment