Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Life.
Do you ever feel like life gets the best of you. You get so wrapped up in the daily activities of life (school, work, whatever it is...) and just forget to focus on what is really important. I have discovered in past semesters it is the time when I feel like you have the littlest amount, if any at all, to devote to my quiet times, that I most need it and when God is trying to showing me something. This year, along with many other new years resolutions, I have made a mental note to self that nights that I would usually just say I am too tired or have too much work, that I am going to focus on doing my quiet time.(it is not hard for me to snuggle into bed with my Bible and do my quiet times when school is not crazy, but its a different story when school becomes a major time-hogger) I decided that I was going to redo a study I did several years ago that I did not really do completely. Last night I got in bed about midnight, which is really not that late, but I was tired and really just wanted to roll over and go to bed. Instead I grabbed my Bible, journal, and my study book off of my bedside table and started through chapter 2 of the study. An hour and 15 minutes later, I finished chapter two (it should not have taken that long, but I did get distracted by Riggs at one point and had to take him outside). I finished realizing He was telling me what I needed to hear but was too focused on the happenings of daily life to see and hear what He was telling me. I need to stop getting overly focused on the earthly things that are going on around me and open my eyes, ears, and heart to what He is telling and showing me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am just like you sometimes in the middle of the night I read my bible. I also sometimes fall asleep with my bible dvd on Esp when i have a headache and cannot read. It is comforting to hear God's word spoken. I love listening to christian music to fall asleep too.
Post a Comment