I listen to music... pretty much all the time. I listen all day at work... I listen when I am at home, in the car, cleaning. Whatever I am doing, usually music is on. I usually listen to Pandora Radio on my laptop or from my cellphone where I have created a variety of stations with everything from country, to pop, classic rock, and contemporary christian and praise. If you have never used Pandora before, it is amazing and you should try it!!! It is an Internet radio station that you type in a song, artist, or group and it will play their music plus music that is similar in topic, rhythm, beat, etc. So good! You can give songs thumbs up and thumbs down to tailor the station to your wants! Its very cool!
Anyways. One of the stations I created and listen to most is my Travis Cottrell station. Since I heard Travis perform at a Beth Moore Living Proof Live event a few years ago, I have been hooked! I have had the station long enough that it is pretty tailored to what I want and like. So I thought I would share some of the songs that have really hit home for me and remind and help me focus and praise my Lord. Some of these artists are incredibly talented and their song's lyrics are simply wonderful!
I thought I would post some song titles, artists, and the chorus of each song so you can see what I am talking about! Here are a few of my favorites (oh and they are not in order... just my favorites right now)
1. Point of Grace Heal the Wound
Chorus :
Heal the wound but leave the scar
A reminder of how merciful You are
I am broken, torn apart
Take the pieces of this heart
And heal the wound but leave the scar
2. Selah I will Sing of My Redeemer
Chorus:
I will sing of my Redeemer
Lift my voice to praise my Lord
Ransomed by His blood and mercy
I am His forevermore
3. Casting Crowns Somewhere in the Middle
Somewhere between my heart and my hands
Somewhere between my faith and my plans
Somewhere between the safety of the boat and the crashing waves
Somewhere between a whisper and a roar
Somewhere between the altar and the door
Somewhere between contented peace and always wanting more
Somewhere in the middle you'll find me
My favorites change regularly.... pretty much as often as the songs change. So. I will try to keep updating my blog with new good songs!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment